6 tablespoons margarine or butter at room temperature
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 1/2 pounds mushrooms (cleaned and stemmed)
1 1/2 cups Brut Champagne or sparkling wine
1 1/2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon basil
salt and pepper to tastemeasures conversion [+]
1. Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat in a frying pan.
2. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned.
3. Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes to brown.
4. Pour in the champagne and bring to a boil.
5. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes to reduce liquid.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Remove from heat and stir in the rest of the butter which will slightly thicken sauce.
8. You can serve as an appetizer with toothpicks if desired.
Cheers2Wine News August EditionRecipe category: Appetizers > Mushrooms