White mushrooms is a true Russian dainty. Serve either as a warm "zakuska" or as a side dish for Beef Stroganoff or other main meat dish.
3 1/2 oz unsalted butter
4 tbsp scallions, finely chopped
1 lb button mushrooms, wiped and patted dry
1 tbsp flour
freshly ground black pepper
6 tbsp sour cream
4 tbsp double cream
7 oz g grated cheddar cheese
measures conversion [+]
1. Melt some butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
2. Add the scallions and saute briefly.
3. Stir in the mushrooms and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and getting brown.
4. In a small bowl, combine the rest of butter with the flour, working it to a paste.
5. Stir this paste into the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add the cream and season to taste.
7. Place the mushrooms into a casserole.
8. Sprinkle the cheese and the remaining butter on top.
9. Cook in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
Olga Timokhina's collectionRecipe category: Appetizers > Mushrooms